A steep and rocky hill of limestone dominating the village of Gaucín. A perfect hike with wonderfull sceneries of the Genal and Guadiaro valleys, and no less attractive views of Gibraltar and Africa.
- Large population of the Iberian Peony, Paeonia broteri.
- Seven species of orchids, including the rare Bumblebee Orchid, Ophrys bombyliflora.
- Griffon vultures, Gyps fulvus, flying over and beneath.
- Woodland birds and more raptors.
- Often difficult to see: Iberian ibex, Capra pyrenaica hispanica.
- In January-February: Almond blossom, Prunus dulcis.
- A nice variety of habitats in a short distance.
Biodiversity data at Observation.org: link.